In this post we continue our analysis on VDI adoption and lifecycle management of virtual desktops. In previous articles we discussed about the planning and acquisition phases, and today we talk about the deployment of the new fleet of desktops
Desktop virtualization offers a great advantage when managing computers, because with the VDI management software and from a single administration point, you can complete almost all the tasks that allow you to deploy the virtual desktops:
• Creation of standard images.
• Creation of virtualized application packets.
• User and user group configuration.
• Creation of virtual desktop usage policies.
• Creation of virtual desktop groups.
• Configuration of virtual desktop deployment policies.
• Desktop personalization.
Operating with virtual desktops also has some significant differences with respect to the standard platforms. We will discuss this topic in upcoming publications.