Puedes descargar el código fuente aquí: https://github.com/dkmstr/openuds/tree/master La licencia es BSD clause 3.
- What is UDS Enterprise?
UDS Enterprise UDS is a software that administers and manages virtual desktop lifecycle and remote and local user access for both virtual desktop platforms and physical resources within the Data Center or Cloud.
- What hypervisors does UDS Enterprise support?
UDS Enterprise manages and deploys from a single console VDI platforms or IP services on different hypervisors at the same time. The currently supported hypervisors are:
- Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, RHEV KVM, oVirt KVM, VMware vSphere...
- Other: Windows Server RDS, OpenGnSys, OpenStack, OpenNebula Azure*, AWS*…
- What authentication systems does UDS Enterprise support?
UDS Enterprise allows to assign virtual desktops to users from various sources simultaneously and with an unlimited number of configurations.
Supported autentication systems:
-Active Directory, CAS, eDirectory, LDAP, OpenLDAP, SAML, internal authentication system, authentication system by device, IP, MAC, Hostname…
- What connection protocols are used to connect with virtual desktops?
UDS Enterprise supports multiple connection protocols and enables to use several at the same time: HTML5, NX, RDP, RemoteFX, RGS, SPICE, Teradici PCoIP*, XRDP, X2GO*, audio, video, usb, printers, smartcards
- What is the evaluation version?
The trial version is a full version of UDS Enterprise, with plugins, connectors, and other testings, with the only limitation of time or users depending on which version is obtained.
You have always the option, in any case, to install the Open Source version, which neither include some of the Enterprise Edition connectors nor has been checked like this last one.
The main differences between Open Source and Enterprise version are: * The support obtained * Each one needs to perform installations, maintenance etc... on its own on the basis of the Open Source version (which is 100% functional) * Need to test, select stable code, etc...
In other words, UDS Enterprise is basically OpenUDS, but it contains a greater number of connectors, and we provide support, updates, patches and maintenance of the appliance..
- What's a connection broker used for?
A connection broker is a software that allows you to manage which resources or services each user can access at any time.
- Is it possible to deploy Linux virtual desktops with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise is compatible with Windows and with the main desktop Linux distros ( Debian, SUSE, Red Hat...).
- Can I configure several authentication systems in UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise supports the most common user authentication systems (Active Directory, eDirectory, OpenLDAP, SAML, IP, etc...) and one or more of these authenticators can be enabled or disabled separately.
- Is it possible to deploy server Operating Systems with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, with UDS Enterprise you can deploy server operating systems, such as Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu Server, etc..
- Do I need one or more licensed Windows Servers to install UDS Enterprise?
No, UDS Enterprise is provided through Linux-based Virtual Appliances (which are adapted to each virtualization platform), with all its elements already installed.
- May I deploy several hypervisors with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise supports the main hypervisors in the market (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Red Hat KVM, KVM oVirt...) and It is possible to enable several hypervisors at the same time, making easier the migration towards more robust or efficient virtualization platforms.
- What connection protocols are supported by UDS Enterprise?
UDS Enterprise supports RDP, XRDP, RemoteFX, RGS, NX, SPICE... to manage the connection to virtual desktops or physical resources.
- UDS Enterprise is an Open Source based software, can I customize it according to my needs?
Yes, as it is an Open Source based software, it can be customized according to the needs of each client. New features, functionalities and modules developed by the UDS Enterprise Team or by the community are integrated very easily.
- Can I move from one hypervisor to another with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise allows you to simultaneously use one or several hypervisors and migrate from one to another very easily when necessary.
- Do I need to buy a license in order to use UDS Enterprise?
No, UDS Enterprise is commercialized through a subscription system which includes software updates, patches and 8x5 email support.
- What do I get purchasing an UDS Enterprise subscription?
Purchase any subscription, and you will obtain one UDS Enterprise Edition software bundle for the contracted users segment (150-350-unlimited), obtaining access to software updates, upgrades and patches and our 8x5 email technical support for the contracted period.
- How to get the UDS Enterprise source code ?
You can get the source code here: https://github.com/dkmstr/openuds/tree/master The license is BSD clause 3.