- What is UDS Enterprise?
UDS Enterprise is a multiplatform connection broker to deploy and manage virtual desktops, applications and any other Windows and Linux remote desktop service. This software automatically manages the life cycle of all services and user access to IT resources hosted on hyperconverged and traditional platforms.
- What hypervisors does UDS Enterprise support?
UDS Enterprise manages and deploys from a single console VDI and vApp platforms on different hypervisors at the same time. The currently supported hypervisors are:
- Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, RHEV KVM, oVirt KVM, VMware vSphere...
- Other: Windows Server RDS, OpenGnSys, OpenStack, OpenNebula Azure*, AWS*…
- What authentication systems does UDS Enterprise support?
UDS Enterprise allows to assign virtual desktops to users from various authentication sources simultaneously and with an unlimited number of configurations.
Supported autentication systems:
-Active Directory, CAS, eDirectory, LDAP, OpenLDAP, SAML, internal authentication system, authentication system by device, IP, MAC, Hostname…
- What connection protocols are compatible with UDS Enterprise?
UDS Enterprise supports multiple connection protocols and enables to use several at the same time: HTML5, NX, RDP, RemoteFX, RGS, SPICE, Teradici PCoIP, XRDP, X2GO...
- What are UDS Enterprise trial versions?
UDS Enterprise Free and Evaluation Edition are full versions of UDS Enterprise, with all the plugins, connectors, testing ... with the only limitation of 10 users in the case of UDS Enterprise Free Edition and 60 days of testing with unlimited users in the case of UDS Enterprise Evaluation Edition.
It is always possible, in any case, to install the Open Source version (OpenUDS), which although it is 100% functional, does not include some connectors of the Enterprise version, nor has been checked like this latter.
In other words, UDS Enterprise is basically OpenUDS, only that it contains a greater number of connectors, and the UDS Enterprise Team offers support, updates, patches and maintenance of the appliances.
- What's a connection broker used for?
A connection broker is a software that allows you to manage which resources or services each user can access to and through which path at any time.
- Is it possible to deploy Linux virtual desktops and applications with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise is compatible with Windows and with the main desktop Linux distros ( Debian, SUSE, Red Hat...). In addition, UDS Enterprise allows you to deploy and manage virtual Windows and Linux applications.
- Can I configure several authentication systems in UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise supports the most common user authentication systems (Active Directory, eDirectory, OpenLDAP, SAML, IP, etc...) and one or more of these authenticators can be enabled or disabled separately.
- Is it possible to deploy server Operating Systems with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, with UDS Enterprise you can deploy server operating systems, such as Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu Server, etc..
- Do I need one or more licensed Windows Servers to install UDS Enterprise?
No, UDS Enterprise is provided through Linux-based Virtual Appliances (which are adapted to each virtualization platform), with all its elements already installed.
- May I deploy several hypervisors with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise supports the main hypervisors in the market (Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, RHEV KVM, oVirt KVM, VMware vSphere...) and It is possible to enable several hypervisors at the same time, making easier the migration towards more robust or efficient virtualization platforms.
- Can I move from one hypervisor to another with UDS Enterprise?
Yes, UDS Enterprise allows you to simultaneously use one or several hypervisors and migrate from one to another very easily when necessary.
- UDS Enterprise is an Open Source based software, can I customize it according to my needs?
Yes, as it is an Open Source based software, it can be customized according to the needs of each client, both at interface level and adding new technical characteristics. New features, functionalities and modules developed by the UDS Enterprise Team or by the community are integrated very easily.
- Do I need to buy a license in order to use UDS Enterprise?
No, UDS Enterprise is commercialized through a subscription system which includes software updates, patches and 8x5 email support.
- What do I get purchasing an UDS Enterprise subscription?
Purchase any subscription, and you will obtain one UDS Enterprise Edition software bundle for the contracted users segment, obtaining access to software updates, upgrades and patches and our 8x5 email technical support for the contracted period.
- How to get the UDS Enterprise source code ?
You can get the source code here: https://github.com/dkmstr/openuds/tree/master The license is BSD clause 3.